Position: Reservation and Reception Assistant
Type of contracting: Full time
Description and objectives of the position: Reservations-logistics and reception in technical and administrative tasks of their area of expertise: organize and perform tasks and services related to reception and reservations for educational groups, workshops, tourism and individual researchers who visit both OTS stations, as the rest of the country (national parks, biological stations, hotels, etc.).
To attend the reception of the La Selva Biological Station, receiving public, attending face-to-face or written consultations, billing and collections, collaborating and coordinating with other departments the services to the present clients or to arrive at the Station.
Receive requests, plan and execute itineraries, quotations and reservations requested and their logistics (OET and ESINTRO).
Make internal reservations or with other sites in the rest of the country (hotels, biological reserves, national parks, beach sites, others) the services necessary for the educational attention of Educational Groups (FLAGs) and OET courses (local-terrestrial transport) / aquatic / air), lodging, food, academic programs, course assistants, international transport, medical services, immigration procedures, MINAE permits, camping equipment, cooks, food, first aid kits, visits to CRO with welcome talks, snacks and lunches , etc.).
Prepare informative and promotional materials, including web page.
Prepare, tabulate and review satisfaction surveys.
Hold work meetings with other Units and Departments, for the corresponding logistical support to groups, whenever necessary.
Maintain constant communication with the various units and OTS Stations and with other sites in the rest of the country (hotels, biological reserves, national parks, beach sites, others) the necessary services for the logistics attention of the department (local-terrestrial transport) / aquatic / air), lodging, food, academic programs, course assistants, international transportation, medical services, immigration procedures, camping equipment, cooks, food, first aid kits, visits to CRO with welcome talks, snacks and lunches, etc. ).
Develop annual statistics on visitation of these groups according to OTS station and non-OET sites equally by national, international, OTS member, non-OTS member, Latino, non-Latino, other categories.
Collaborate with NAO, Immediate Headquarters, other CRO Units, Stations and others, in response to specific requests that may be required.
Process small purchases or rentals for these groups.
- Follow up on payments by clients or users, when they must be made in other offices of the Organization.
- Cover the attention of the souvenir shop when required.
- Know and manage the OET reservation system on a daily basis.
- Receive, attend and process the correspondence and documents of the functions.
- Any other function assigned to him by his immediate superior, or other OET or NAO offices request him within the characteristics of the position and the capacities of the official.
- Possess studies in administration, tourism, hospitality, or public relations.
- Work experience in NGOs (Non-profit organizations) or Education Centers that have required coordination, logistics and reservations for academic or educational groups.
- Experience in logistics and reservations (minimum 3 years – mandatory requirement) for educational and tourism groups.
- Work experience in customer service, customer service.
- Experience in handling special events.
- Experience in negotiations, sale of services.
Other specialization requirements:
- English language (100% oral and written – mandatory requirement).
- Experience in management of reservation systems.
- Management of Windows environments (Explorer, Outlook, Word, Excel).
- B1 License per day (preferable)
- Excellent client service.
- Capacity to work under pressure.
- High level of responsibility.
- Proactive, dynamic
- Ability to follow procedures, monitor and anticipate operational details.
- Great talent for negotiations and management of interpersonal relationships.
- Ordered, organized (or)
- Skills to work in a team.
- Ability to act in a preventive way in the identification and resolution of crisis and risk situations.
- Good oral and written communication.
- Learning ability and adaptability to work.
- Demonstrate transparency, excellence and innovation in their work.
Minimum Academic Level Required: Studies Administrative, Tourism or Hospitality
Minimum Level of English Required: Bilingual 100% oral and written
Minimum Work Experience Required: 3 years
Fixed square with the conditions of law, Solidarity Association, private medical insurance, among other benefits.
The Organization for Tropical Studies is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.