Research Permits from the Costa Rican Government

Research permits are required by the Costa Rican Ministry of the Environment and Energy (MINAE) for research conducted anywhere in the country for both scientific research (projects) and academic research (courses).

OTS can support researchers and faculty throughout the permit process. The permit process and requirements vary by permit type. OTS charges for this service and the fee varies by permit type.

If you are researcher planning a project, please read the scientific permit section.

If you are faculty planning a course, please read the academic permit section.

For any questions or to request OTS support with a permit, please contact Enrique Castro.